Updated as new information comes in.
OnePlus 2 VS OnePlus One – The Summary
- OnePlus 2 has better camera
- OnePlus 2 has more processing power
- OnePlus 2 has more RAM, and RAM is DDR4 (next generation)
- OnePlus 2 and OnePlus One have the same display size and comparable resolution
- OnePlus 2 adds an alert slider, dual-sim card port, and a physical home button
- A 64GB OnePlus 2 (at launch) costs $389, a 64GB OnePlus One (currently) costs $299
- Worth the upgrade? Yes.
OnePlus 2 specs:
Release Date: August 11, 2015
- Weight: 175 grams, or 6.17 ounces
- Design: More rounded than OnePlus One with magnesium alloy/stainless steel-looking elements
- Screen size: 5.5″ with very trim bezel. The OnePlus 2 fits underneath the OnePlus One without being seen.
- Screen resolution: 1080p HD at 401 ppi. IPS, LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- OS: OxygenOS based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. HydrogenOS for Asia; no CyanogenMod or Cyanogen applications
- Processor: v2.1 (will not run hot or laggy) Qualcomm Snapdragon 810. 1.8GHz octa-core CPUs, 64-bit processing power.
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Memory: 64 GB. (16GB for basic model)
- RAM: 4 GB next-gen DDR4 RAM for Sandstone Black Premium model (3 GB for basic model)
- Alert Slider (toggle between all/priority/silent notifications)
- Two capacitive buttons, One on-screen home button
- Camera: 13 MP external, 5 MP selfie, dual-flash
- Battery: 3300mAh, long-lasting, but not removable
- Connections/Charging: USB Type-C, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Audio: Dual Microphone with noise cancellation technology. One bottom speaker.
- Cell Band Support: Two global OnePlus 2 models. Scroll down to see complete cell band list.
- Nano Dual Sim Card Support
- WIFI, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS
- Invite System and Availability: International version expected to be available in North America, Europe, China, India (at launch). An invite system will be used, but it will be more efficient and prioritize early OnePlus adopters (e.g. OnePlus One owners). There will be more invites at launch to decrease wait times.
- In-the-box: (according to OnePlus)
- OnePlus 2 smartphone
- OnePlus 2 USB Type-C Charge/Transfer Cable
- OnePlus 2 USB Wall/Outlet Power Adapter
OnePlus One specs:
- Release Date: June 2014
- Weight: 162 g (5.71 oz)
- Screen size: 5.5″ Multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- Screen resolution: 1080p at 401 ppi density
- OS: Android OS running Cyanogenmod, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat)
- Upgradeable to OnePlus-modified stock Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Memory: 16 or 64 GB, depending on version, no SD card slot
- Camera: 13 MP
- Battery: Non-removable 3100mAh
- WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Availability: For sale even after the release of the OnePlus 2. International version covers North America, Europe, China, India (with some regions delayed)
- Cost: $299.99 (64 GB), $249.99 (16GB)
Updated: July 30, 2015